Music 270C: Compositional Algorithms
Winter quarter 2021. University of California, San Diego
ONLINE: Tuesdays 2-3:30PM and Fridays 5:30-7PM.
, CPMC 251,
There will be three assignments over the quarter. Each student will be asked
to present one of the three assignments in class - we'll schedule these
presentations as the quarter progresses.
- Jan 5/8. representations of pitch, frequency, and time.
- Jan 12/15. sets and combinatorics
- Jan 19/22. randomness and pseudo-randomness.
- Jan 26/29. random variables and stochastic processes
- Feb 2/5. measures of randomness
- Feb 9/12. supervised machine learning
- Feb 16/19. unsupervised machine learning.
- Feb 23/26. constraint and optimization problems
- Mar 2/5. generative algorithms
- Mar 9/12. composing with sound
Here are patches and